Re: guarani sign

From: jameskass@att.net
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 12:25:03 EST

    .
    Michael Everson wrote,

    > Now, now, James, every one of those gives a plain text description
    > "slashed G". That is not evidence of it in a Paraguayan or any other
    > publication.

    Google searches for the image have so far been unsuccessful.
    Unfortunately, many financial and currency-related pages use
    the misnomer "symbol" to describe what is actually a currency
    code. Compounding this, "Guarani" is not only a unit of
    currency, it is also an ethnic group and a language.

    The Library is closed Monday's here, I'll keep trying.

    Best regards,

    James Kass
    .