some resources online

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 13:52:06 EDT

    A few years ago, we put together a book of background reading for a
    workshop we were doing on implementing writing systems on computers using
    current technologies. The readings consisted of a collection of items that
    had been prepared by different authors, but there was some coordination of
    topics for at least some of the articles.

     Anyway, some of the articles in this book are now available online:

    The NRSI Model for Implementing Writing Systems: An introduction

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=IWS-Chapter01

    An introduction to keyboard design theory: What goes where?

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=KeybrdDesign

    Rendering technologies overview

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=IWS-Chapter07

    An Introduction to TrueType Fonts: A look inside the TTF format

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=IWS-Chapter08

    Challenges in publishing with non-Roman scripts

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=IWS-Chapter09

    TrueType table listing

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=IWS-AppendixC

    Glossary
    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=Glossary

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485