RE: MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: Frank Yung-Fong Tang (ytang0648@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 18:46:22 EST

    Carl W. Brown wrote:

    > Jill,
    >
    > > I know that Unicode does have some
    > > locale-sensitive case mappings (Turkish
    > > uppercase I to dotless lowercase
    > > I for example), I was under the impression
    > > that "ss" to "ß" was not one of them.
    >
    > You are correct that "SS" and "ß" are the same in case insensitive
    > compares
    > regardless of locale.

    But does MS file system is case insensitive in the Unicode way is a
    different question then does MS file system support Unicode, right?

    So... "Necessary" will be the same as "Neceßary" in case insensitive
    comparison?

    > I also think that "?stanbul" and "Istanbul" should also compare the
    > same for
    > things like keyword searches and file systems even though it is
    > technically
    > incorrect.
    >
    > Carl

    Frank Yung-Fong Tang
    Šýštém Årçhîtéçt, Iñtërnâtiônàl Dèvélôpmeñt, AOL Intèrâçtívë Sërviçes
    AIM:yungfongta   mailto:ytang0648@aol.com Tel:650-937-2913
    Yahoo! Msg: frankyungfongtan