Qumran scribal, again: http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/rs/dss/marks/review.html

From: Elaine Keown (elaine_keown@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 15:28:42 EST

            Elaine Keown
            central Texas

    Hi,

    I'm sending along the URL of a fascinating article
    that Ken Penner brought to my attention.
    http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/rs/dss/marks/review.html

    Again, I'm still concerned about the overlap between
    Qumran and Greek, Qumran and Coptic, and (possibly)
    Qumran and hieratic/demotic.

    Is there anyone on the Unicode list now who knows
    Egyptian demotic or hieratic? Aramaic is written in
    both of those scripts, in addition to hieroglyphics.

    Elaine