RE: unsubscribe

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 12:44:23 EST

    jean <wjbm820@zoominternet.net> wrote:
    > HELP! I desperately want to unsubscribe. Every email I send
    > --to every address and website that it tells me to go to--
    > comes back "undeliverable." What can I do?

    Send an empty email (in plain text preferably, don't use HTML)

    from your account on zoominternet.net (make sure that this is
    what will appear in the "From:" header of your email)

    to: ecartis@unicode.org

    with this subject line: unsubscribe unicode

    Then wait for the confirmation message you will receive at
    your subscribption address, and confirm it using the instructions
    found there (you need to perform this confirmation, as "From:"
    headers are easily faked in Emails and someone else could
    unsubscribe you without your consent).

    If your default email application is setup correctly with your
    browser, to use your subscription address, you may simply
    click on the "unsubscribe unicode" button on that page:
    http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html
    to send a properly formatted email (you should see a security alert
    box from your browser to authorize this email, and possibly also
    from your email application; both must be confirmed to send the
    unsuscribe email)

    << ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside
    Newsletters for me
    You can use it too - and it's FREE! http://www.ellaforspam.com<< Fichier:
    IMSTP.gif>><< Fichier: BackGrnd.jpg>>