Font support

From: Lill Therese Jacobsen (lill.therese.jacobsen@norskinteraktiv.no)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 07:19:44 EST

    Hi!

    We are developing a website that will include (at least) the following
    languages:
    Russian, persian, somali, kurdish, norwegian, arabic, urdu and english.

    I'm looking for a (windows-)font that supports all these languages (with
    all the necessary characters).

    I understand that there are no single standard windows font that
    supports all the characters we need. But does anyone have a list of
    which font is prefered for each language? I've been told that Tahoma is
    the prefered font for urdu and persian. I can use Tahoma or Arial for
    english, norwegian and russian. But what about somali and arabic?

    Any help appreciated!

    Regards,
    Lill Therese