RE: Bantu click letters

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 13:51:08 CDT

    At 03:47 AM 6/10/2004, Michael Everson wrote:
    >At 00:11 -0400 2004-06-10, Ernest Cline wrote:

    Well this isn't 'language text' as it would be for a modern orthography,
    but specialized notation. I see no reason to rule out a unification in this
    case. The general category of
    this character is 'Lu', letter upper. It does *not* have a case mapping to
    /script small q/ but that would be correct as there's not case pair for the
    proposed character.

    If this was the case of a modern orthography, where case pairs would be
    needed, and where development of font and usage could take place over time
    in unanticipated directions, then a disunification would make a lot more
    sense and I would support it. But for this very limited and technical
    notation, it appears unwarranted.

    A./