Re: ANSI and Unicode for x00 - xFF

From: Bob Eaton (pete_dembrowski@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 06:53:33 CST

    Does anyone know whether (or why not) it is possible to use the ISCII
    Devanagari code page (57002) as the default system code page in Windows?

    That is, there is no code page support for "Ansi" Devanagari, but with the
    ISCII encoding having code page support, why didn't they associate it with
    Ansi programs associated with the Hindi locale (c.f. cp. 932 with JIS) ?

    The ISCII encoding seemed like a logical choice... but it wasn't used...

    Bob