French usage re syllabics

From: William J Poser (wjposer@ldc.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 16:18:30 CST

    If an additional early source for French usage is desired, a good place to
     look is the work of Father Émile Petitot, who worked in the Northwest
    Territories a generation earlier and after whom Father Morice modeled
    himself. I'm getting ready to move and can't find my photocopy of the
    relevant portion of Petitot's Dictionnaire Déné-Djindjié. It contains a chart
    which I think is labelled "syllabaire déné" but won't swear to it.