Re: Exemplar Characters

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 11:48:52 CST

    On Tuesday, November 15th, 2005 14:51Z, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    > This raises another question: the apostrophe is needed in Bereton
    > both as part of a necessary alphabetic letter [c’h], and with the
    > apheretic role, like in French [...] and English.
    [...]
    > How to solve such ambiguity?

    Why do you think there is an ambiguity?
    Anyone reading Breton know that the thing that is between C and H has the
    first role, while it would be the second in about any other instance.

    I think it is about as ambiguous as the H letter itself, which has usually
    several roles in Latin written languages.

    Or do I miss something important?

    Antoine