Re: ZWNJ in IDN (Burmese Issues)

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 15:54:05 CST

    From: "Antoine Leca" <Antoine10646@leca-marti.org>
    > On Thursday, November 24th, 2005 21:31Z, Richard Wordingham wrote:
    >
    >> Antoine Leca wrote:
    >>> It would not, but I do not read Javier as telling it either.
    >>
    >> But those are instance that Philippe Verdy would interpret as word
    >> separators.

    Firstt I did not speak about ZWSP but only about ZW(N)J joiners, second yes,
    I would interpret ZWSP like a space, with a regular word-separation
    semantic, including line breaking, graphic cluster separation,
    editing/selection cursor breaks, and so on. I would also allow this
    "zero-width" space to be widdened for line justification when only word
    spacing is allowed, but no inter-character spacing expansion.

    Please don't infer things from me unless I said something. And even in this
    case, this would remain my opinion and my interpretation and use.