Re: Representing Unix filenames in Unicode

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 11:56:43 CST

    On 30 Nov 2005, at 16:43, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    > What Chris Jacobs and Hans Aberg are trying to defend is a bad
    > design decision: trying to mix in the same representation two
    > things that belong to distinct implementation levels.

    I have said nothing like that. [Just a friendly note: Rather than
    stating such emotional negatives devoid of facts, it would help up
    the technical quality of the list if you merely stated the technical
    facts as you see it, indicating what you think is good and bad in the
    context you have in your mind. If you do not understand what others
    say, please let them clarify, rather than jumping to conclusions
    about what they might have said.]

       Hans Aberg