Re: six-points as a new character ? esoteric symbolism

From: V Romain (vromain@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2006 - 03:19:31 CST

    Many thanks for your answer, Mr Whistler.

    Some precisions I am sorry to have forgotten in my preceding mail :

    1 -- Martinism is not a dangerous movement and has no sectarian
    tendency (in the American and even European definition of the term).

    2 -- My example « SI » is not good. It can let think that only
    martinists terms are shorten: in fact, all the martinists terms AND
    all the terms general to masonry and to martinism can be shorten with
    the six-points (also: six-dots).
    -- there is in my documentation two other suppletisms, for lack of
    character in ALL the existing police forces (at least among the 4-5
    esoteric police forces which I know: I must improve my documentation
    on this subject) :

    - masonic three-dots,
    - the sign * with the fonts that are viewing this sign as a star of
    David (other fonts are drawing the star with only 5 directions)

    3-- There are some examples :

    -esoteric 6-points as a symbol (Brazil :
    http://www.hermanubis.com.br/Artigos/artigosfr.htm)

    -esoteric 6-points as a symbol AND abbreviation
    (type on a French heading: http://chbiche.free.fr/OM/Pages/musee1.html)

    -esoteric 6-points as a French (http://www.martiniste.org/ and the
    pdf-book), English (http://www.ancientmartinistorder.org/), Dutch
    (http://home.planet.nl/~amorc.nl/inhoud.html), Spain
    (http://perso.wanadoo.es/ccrapoven/martinismo.htm and the pdf-book),
    Italian (http://crea.html.it/sito/ordinemartinista/ +
    http://www.ritosimbolico.net/archivio/archivio015.jpg) abbreviations.

    -suppletism by ::: (http://crea.html.it/sito/ordinemartinista/1.htm),
    by * (http://www.dominiosfantasticos.hpg.ig.com.br/id200.htm)

    4-- To find on-line free books will take again 3-4 days, but there are
    29 image documents :
    http://www.hermanubis.com.br/DocsMartinistas/docsMartinistas.htm (easy
    to see : just follow the arrow), and 59 documents with the 29 first
    similar documents (not so easy to read)
    :http://members.fortunecity.com/roggemans1953/nummering.htm

    5-- But a question: the character does not exist - to my knowledge -
    in any fonts. Is it an obstacle with its introduction into Unicode ?

    Gratefully

    Romain Vaissermann