Re: Proposed new script for Quechua?

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2006 - 17:24:27 CST

    Antonio Tuvalkin wrote,

    >At < http://qollasuyu.indymedia.org/images/2003/05/105.jpg >, all
    >around the cover rim of an issue of _Tawa Intiraymi Qelqa_, a cacerist
    >(?) magazine, is a sample of what seems to be a proposed new script
    >for Quechua, mapped to latin counterparts (app. Velasco's
    >orthography).

    Took me a while, but a Google search on keywords [ tawa alfabeto ] found this:

    LETRAS DE LA ESCRITURA TAWA
    Por: Inka Waskar Chukiwanka

    http://qollasuyu.indymedia.org/es/2003/03/39.shtml

    So, looks like this writing system is called Tawa.

    Quick Google searches for "revistas" or "libros" en la escritura tawa
    weren't conclusive, though.

    Best regards,

    James Kass