Re: Guidance wanted on implementing Greek context-dependent casing

From: Mark Davis ⌛ (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 11:40:39 CDT

    The Unicode Standard itself has limited support for language-specific casing
    rules, those in Special Casing. The decision was made to make any further
    special casing rules available via Unicode Locales (CLDR). There is a bug
    open for this (http://unicode.org/cldr/bugs/locale-bugs?findid=1493), but
    its resolution would need an authoritative source to submit the rules in the
    form specified by http://unicode.org/reports/tr35/#Transform_Rules .

    Here is an example that encodes the rules you just gave:

    http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/transform.jsp?a=%CE%AC%CF%85+%E2%86%92+%CE%91%CE%AB+%3B%0D%0A%CF%85+%E2%86%92+%CE%A5+%3B+&b=%CF%85%CE%AC%CF%85

    The rules would need to apply to the characters in
    http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/list-unicodeset.jsp?a=
    \p{greek}%26\p{lowercase}-\p{block=phoneticextensions}

    See also

       - http://cldr.unicode.org/index/cldr-spec/transliteration-guidelines
       - http://unicode.org/cldr/data/common/transforms/

    Mark