Re: Hangul leaves the nest...

From: Aviah Morag - TransLink (aviah@translinkpro.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 2009 - 14:37:39 CDT

    Well, that's the thing. Think about this - there are plenty of languages
    which use the same (Latin) writing system, but nonetheless have little in
    common phonologically. The correspondence between letters and their sounds
    is not entirely coincidental, but I would be shocked if Korean speakers were
    now able to make sense of written Cia-Cia any more than French speakers are
    able to understand written Turkish.

    On the other hand, I was happy to learn that only one obsolete Jamo was
    resurrected for this, so Cia-Cia can be written with the standard Unicode
    character set!

    --
    Aviah Morag, TransLink
    aviah@translinkpro.com