Re: Document on usage of Reph in Gurmukhi and Telugu

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 20:04:14 CDT

    Shriramana Sharma wrote:

    > If anyone can tell, I would like to know what is the status of this
    > document on the usage of Reph in Gurmukhi and Telugu:
    > http://www.mit.edu/~nagarjun/Unicode/reph.pdf

    That was submitted in 2006 as document L2/06-334, part of a discussion
    of various Indic issues. UTC reviewed it and took an action at that
    time, as indicated in the minutes of meeting 109, available here:

    http://www.unicode.org/consortium/utc-minutes/UTC-109-200611.html

    [109-A79] Action Item for Eric Muller: In preparing the UTR on Indic
    issues, consider document L2/06-334, and add to the Telugu discussion of
    alternate forms of "R" analogous to Gurmukhi.

    It is thus part of a large stack of similar documents that are being
    considered as sources of information in preparation of future versions
    of the standard.

    > I also do not see this document on
    > http://www.unicode.org/review/resolved-pri.html or
    > http://www.unicode.org/review/ either.

    UTC does not issue public review issues for everything, but only rarely
    for specific issues. And they usually do not post documents that are
    submitted to the committee.

    Hope that helps,

        Rick