Re: Character Identity and Font Selection

From: Andreas Prilop (prilop4321@trashmail.net)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2011 - 09:25:42 CDT

    On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Otto Stolz wrote:

    >> We already have them: U+201C and U+201F.
    >
    > Definitely not! U+201F, the Double High-Reversed-9
    > Quotation Mark, won’t pass by as a right, German style,
    > quotation mark,

    I wrote nothing like this.

    The German right quotation mark is U+201C.

    But some ill-designed fonts such as Courier New, Verdana, Tahoma
    have a wrong glyph at position U+201C. Those glyphs actually
    belong at position U+201F.

    Carefully look at
    http://www.user.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/quotation-marks.html

    --
    The schoolboys from Google Groups failed again:
    http://groups.google.com/group/fr.test/browse_thread/thread/8ad6f1e8fbfefaec