Re: 8 bits preference?

From: <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 22:53:29 +0000

It certainly is for Tamil.

--Doug
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: "V. M. Kumaraswamy" <ekavivmk_at_gmail.com>
Sender: unicode-bounce_at_unicode.org
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:26:44
To: Jonathan Rosenne<jonathan.rosenne_at_gmail.com>; <anbu_at_peoplestring.com>
Cc: <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Subject: Re: 8 bits preference?

This is what Govt. of TAMILNADU, INDIA has mandated:

In the report, the Committee recommended that Tamil Nadu Government migrate
from all legacy 8-bit encodings like TAB/TAM as well as other proprietary
encoding to 16-bit encoding. The Committee recommended Unicode as the main
16-bit encoding to be used in all applications where support for Tamil is
available.

*Is this 16-Bit encoding ?

*