Re: 8 bits preference?

From: <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 23:35:28 +0000

All of the major modern Indic scripts in which the official languages of India are written (as well as many of the unofficial ones) are located in the Basic Multilingual Plane, which means they can be accessed via a single 16-bit UTF-16 code point.

Perhaps I didn't understand your original question, "Is this 16-bit encoding?" If you are new to Unicode, you might want to visit www.unicode.org and peruse the FAQ and code charts.

--Doug
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T