RE: What are the present criteria...

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:31:02 -0700

Asmus Freytag <asmusf at ix dot netcom dot com> wrote:

>> Nevertheless, N4085 is a German NB document, the criteria in question
>> are those suggested by the German NB and not WG2 (and the document
>> makes note of this distinction), and it is an error to portray this
>> passage as representing either a change or a lack of clarity in UTC
>> or WG2 policy.
>
> Karl makes no such claim. The document states that 2093-2096 appear to
> be in violation of the character glyph model. I believe that's the
> section (or one of the sections) in the document that Karl summarizes
> here as "policy statements by UTC or WG2" - at least it would fit.

Sorry, in my attempt to avoid naming names I made it look as though Karl
made that claim. He did not. William's message was the one that
attempted to connect the dots between official WG2 policy and the German
NB proposal.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14
www.ewellic.org | www.facebook.com/doug.ewell | @DougEwell ­