Re: Latvian and Marshallese Ad Hoc Report (cedilla and comma below)

From: Martin J. Dürst <duerst_at_it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:31:53 +0900

On 2013/07/05 16:04, Denis Jacquerye wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Michael Everson<everson_at_evertype.com> wrote:

>> The problem is in pretending that a cedilla and a comma below are equivalent because in some script fonts in France or Turkey routinely write some sort of undifferentiated tick for ç. :-)

Can we make sure we have covered this from the other side? Are there any
languages where there is a letter where both the form with a cedilla and
the form with a comma below are used, and are distinguished? In other
words, are there any languages where a user seeing a wrong form would be
confused as to what the letter is, rather than being potentially
surprised or annoyed at the details of the shape?

Regards, Martin.