Re: writing in an alphabet with fewer letters: letter replacements

From: Stephan Stiller <stephan.stiller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 02:36:54 -0700

> My impression is that US customs officials are either quite
> knowledgeable or quite tolerant on such issues (or a mixture of both).
> The same applies to customs officials in other countries I have
> traveled to, and other people at airports and such.
Thanks. (And, I don't have the knowledge to agree or disagree.)

I can't resist mentioning the case of Edward Snowden's middle name in
Hong Kong :-) The issue there was a different one from what I am asking
about, though, and you never know whether such things actually make a
difference.

But in general, trying to figure things out and then being consistent
will be good advice.

Stephan