Re: Latin Letters Capital and Small Theta

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 18:20:12 -0600

Marcel Schneider wrote:

> While some characters were retained, others were rejected, among which
> the Latin Theta pair, but no mention is found of this rejection in the
> Non-Approval Notices.

Lots of characters in proposals are rejected without rising to the level
of explicit disapproval: "Look, we said NO, and don't ask us again." The
Non-Approval Notices page starts with an extensive description of the
difference.

At the same time, note that a few proposals, such as LATIN CAPITAL
LETTER SHARP S, have risen phoenix-like from the ranks of
non-approvaldom to become genuine encoded characters.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸