Re: Adding half-star to Unicode?

From: Asmus Freytag (c) <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 15:27:04 -0700
On 6/23/2016 3:01 PM, Garth Wallace wrote:
But precedent is for separate WITH LEFT HALF BLACK and WITH RIGHT HALF BLACK geometric shapes.

Correct - best to not mix mirroring defaults

Also, I'm not sure if the BLACK HALF STAR and STAR WITH LEFT HALF BLACK are entirely interchangeable. I usually see the former in situations using a variable number of glyphs, where the number of glyphs shows the rating, as in:

while I see the latter in ratings with a fixed number of glyphs, where the number of *filled* glyphs shows the rating, as in:

It seems like either would work in the first case, but the LEFT HALF STAR would be awkward in the second.

Agreed.

A./