Re: Possible to add new precomposed characters for local language in Togo?

From: Mats Blakstad <mats.gbproject_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 01:05:13 +0100

After managing to add the keyboard to XKB I started on a new venture of
trying to make a windows version of the keyboard using this:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/globalization/keyboardlayouts.aspx

It is nearly impossible to replicate as it seems like you can only add dead
keys if they have a precomposed character.

Also, in Togo it is used double tones like these:

"Ɛ̃́" LATIN CAPITAL LETTER EPSILON WITH TILDE AND ACUTE
"Ɛ̃̀" LATIN CAPITAL LETTER EPSILON WITH TILDE AND GRAVE

And windows do not even allow dead keys with double symbols...

So I wonder if it could be a solution for a precomposed double tone?
So one unicode for tilde+acute and another for tilde+grave?

The only way we manage to make the keyboard now is to add all the tones
behind the letters instead of before the letters.
I think in fact it seems easier than on French keyboard, but it will also
break the French keyboard when it comes to what order you click buttons to
add tones.
I also think it would be a benefit to have the keyboard on windows and
Ubuntu work mostly the same.

Not sure if there are any other good ideas for how to solve it?