Re: Proposal to add standardized variation sequences for chess notation

From: Michael Everson <everson_at_evertype.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:13:46 +0100

On 6 Apr 2017, at 04:24, Martin J. Dürst <duerst_at_it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:

>> http://evertype.com/standards/unicode-list/looking-glass-yellow-blue.png
>
> [OT]
> It looks neat. But I noticed three very small gaps in each of the top and bottom borders.

I have not done anything to optimize display in these fonts. They were proof-of-concept fonts for the sequences. It’s easy to fix those… just drag the glyph and make it a bit longer. One does the same thing in Arabic fonts.

> Also, it's probably not the best choice of colors, because my eyes tend to associate the yellow figures with white, and the blue ones with black, but thinking it through makes it clear that it's the other way round.

I just picked the process colours cyan and yellow, but it was Richard who had specified the colours: “Now, what happens to the two scheme if rendered with yellow text ('foreground') on a blue background?"

Michael Everson