Re: Standaridized variation sequences for the Desert alphabet?

From: Mark Davis ☕️ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 17:05:37 +0200

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Michael Everson <everson_at_evertype.com>
wrote:

> I just get frustrated when everyone including the veterans seems to forget
> every bit of precedent that we have for the useful encoding of characters.

​Nobody's forgetting anything. ​Simply because people disagree with you
doesn't mean they are forgetful or stupid. One could just as well respond
that you are forgetting that Unicode is *not* a glyph standard. Merely
because a character have multiple shapes is not grounds for disunifying it.

Mark