Re: Coloured Punctuation and Annotation

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:17:36 -0700
On 4/6/2017 11:21 AM, Richard Wordingham wrote:
If "text presentations" have to be monochrome, as Asmus claims,

While it appears possible, after Khaled's demonstration, I still think that the use of "white ink" instead of the "white" parts of a character being treated "transparent" is far from standard text presentation. (And I've yet to see an example that's motivated by anything other than emoji).

And as far as plain text is concerned, despite the capabilities demonstrated, the overwhelming majority of it is still monochrome (and apparently it takes application support to handle the color table in OpenType, making any fallback in non-supporting applications monochrome again).

If you feel better, just replace "have to" by "nearly universally are" and move on.

A./