Re: Counting Devanagari Aksharas

From: Manish Goregaokar via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 11:18:00 -0700

That seems like a relatively niche use case (especially with Vedic
Sanskrit) compared to having weird selection for everything else. I'm
not convinced. When I use a romanized Devanagari input method (I
typically do on my laptop), deleting the whole cluster is necessary
anyway for things to work well. Direct input methods do let you edit
in a more granular way but I've never seen the need for that.

I guess this boils down to a matter of opinion and anecdotal
experience, so there's not much I can do to convince this list
otherwise :)

-Manish