Re: Emoji for major planets at least?

From: Asmus Freytag via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 09:44:05 -0800
On 1/18/2018 6:55 AM, Shriramana Sharma via Unicode wrote:
Hello people.

We have sun, earth and moon emoji (3 for the earth and more for the
moon's phases). But we don't have emoji for the rest of the planets.

We have astrological symbols for all the planets and a few
non-existent imaginary "planets" as well.

Given this, would it be impractical to encode proper emoji characters
for the rest of the planets, at least the major ones whose physical
characteristics are well known and identifiable?

I mean for example identifying Sedna and Quaoar
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EightTNOs.png) is probably not
going to be practical for all those other than astronomy buffs but the
physical shapes of the major planets are known to all high school
students…

Earth = blue planet (with clouds)

Mars = red planet

Saturn = planet with rings

I don't think any of the other ones are identifiable in a context-free setting, unless you draw a "big planet with red dot" for Jupiter.

Earth would have to be depicted in a way that doesn't focus on "hemispheres", or you miss the idea of it as "planet".

A./