Re: UNICODE vehicle vanity registration?

From: Asmus Freytag via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 14:34:22 -0800
On 2/14/2018 8:14 AM, Shriramana Sharma via Unicode wrote:
Given that in the US vanity vehicle registrations with arbitrary
alphanumeric sequences upto 7 characters are permitted (I am correct I
hope?), I wonder who (here?) owns the UNICODE registration?

Please note that the rules for this are set on the state level, not to speak of territories. So, assuming the local regulations do not forbid the word "UNICODE" for some reason, there could be some 50 plus cars registered with that license plate.

The actual number is anybody's guess, although many people think they know who owned the first one of these.

I've always thought it might be a neat idea to get matching plates covering the entire series of UTFs, with each car chosen to reflect some aspect of the encoding, e.g. "UTF-8" smaller than "UTF-32", and "UTF-7" some oddball model...

A./