Unicode CLDR 33 alpha available for testing

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 10:51:28 -0800

The alpha version of Unicode CLDR 33
<http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads/cldr-33> is available for
testing. The alpha period lasts until the beta release on March 7, which
will include updates to the LDML spec. The final release is expected on
March 21.

CLDR 33 provides an update to the key building blocks for software
supporting the world's languages. This data is used by all major
software systems <http://cldr.unicode.org/index#TOC-Who-uses-CLDR-> for
their software internationalization and localization, adapting software
to the conventions of different languages for such common software tasks.

CLDR 33 included a limited Survey Tool data collection phase focusing on
emoji names/annotations and certain specific locales (Odia, Assamese).
Other enhancements include a new typographicNames element, four new
transforms, changes to properties data files for emoji, and other
specific fixes. The draft release page at
http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads/cldr-33
<http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads/cldr-33> lists the major
features, and has pointers to the newest data and charts. It will be
fleshed out over the coming weeks with more details, migration issues,
known problems, and so on. Particularly useful for review are:

    * Delta Charts <http://unicode.org/cldr/charts/33/delta/index.html>
      - the data that changed during the release
    * By-Type Charts
      <http://unicode.org/cldr/charts/33/by_type/index.html> - a
      side-by-side comparison of data from different locales
    * Annotation Charts
      <http://unicode.org/cldr/charts/33/annotations/index.html> - new
      emoji names and keywords

Please report any problems that you find using a CLDR ticket
<http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/newticket>. We'd also appreciate it if
programmatic users of CLDR data download the xml files and do a trial
integration to see if any problems arise.

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements