RE: MS Language Packs

From: clarkcb@corp.sykes.com
Date: Mon Aug 04 1997 - 12:10:59 EDT

The MS IE Language Packs are not really comparable to the Japanese Language
Kit on the Mac. The (big) difference is that the JLK has an IME (Input
Method Editor), allowing one to input Japanese on an English system. This
is what we, or at least I, really need from Microsoft. I admit, I have
never really searched carefully through what is available on the Developer
Network CD's in this regard; I'm doing it now, and I'll let everyone know
what, if anything, I find.

Cary Clark
Senior Localization Engineer
SEi