RE: MS Language Packs

From: Lori Brownell (loribr@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 1997 - 13:44:15 EDT

The NT4 and IE language packs only provide you half the support you
desire. The existing language packs will provide you the ability to
view content that contains Japanese text. It will not allow you to edit
the text or create new Japanese text, unless you want to use charmap on
NT4 as your IME.... :-) <This is what I did, but it's quite painful.>

NT5 will provide you full multilingual capabilities. You will be able
to run any, or all, of the FE IMEs on any language version of NT5. This
will not require you to purchase or download anything additional.
Everything that you need will be on every language version of the NT5
CDs.

Lori Brownell <loribr@microsoft.com>
Senior Program Manager - Windows NT
Microsoft Corp.