HTML anchors in UTF-8

From: Charles Muller (acmuller@human.toyogakuen-u.ac.jp)
Date: Thu Sep 03 1998 - 22:44:48 EDT

I recently converted my HTML-based Web dictionaries into UTF-8 in order
to have greater multilingual functionality, but I now have a problem.
Many of the terms in my dictionaries are linked by HTTP anchors (#).
These work fine on my local machine in NT4.0 and Win95, but cease to be
operative after I upload the material on to the Unix server. This has
forced me to reinstall the old JIS versions of my dictionaries for the
time being.

Has anyone heard of this bug, or know a way around it?

TIA

Charles Muller
Toyo Gakuen University
Resources for East Asian Language and Thought
www.human.toyogakuen-u.ac.jp/~acmuller