Re: Terminal Graphics Proposal

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 13:44:43 EDT

Ar 09:54 -0700 1998-10-02, scríobh Frank da Cruz:

>What's a TTF? You mean Web-viewable glyph tables like on your website?

A True Type Font.
>- Frank
>
>P.S. By the way, I realize some people find this focus on arcane,
>"obsolete", ""legacy"" technology amusing, but it might have certain
>unanticipated benefits. For historic or scholarly purposes, the UTC has an
>interest in encoding scripts that are no longer in active use; one might
>view these glyphs in the same way. I am always amazed by the vigor with
>which the history of computing is discarded and wiped out on a continuing
>basis.

I for my part do NOT!!!! want to see these terminal graphic things in the
BMP. They belong in Plane 1.

--
Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.indigo.ie/egt
Guthán: +353 1 478-2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478-2597 (by arrangement)