Re: Terminal Graphics Draft 2

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 15:07:52 EDT

Ar 10:13 -0700 1998-10-09, scríobh Rick McGowan:
>Frank wrote...
>
>> The reason these need to be encoded separately from feminine/masculine
>> ordinals are their size
>
>Ah, I figured so. In this case, they should just be unified with the
>existing codes.
>
>> Since terminal emulators and data analyzers use fixed-pitch fonts, we can't
>> just switch to another point size to display these characters, since
>> that will wreck the matrix arrangement of the screen.

Everson Mono is fixed-pitch font that includes masculine and feminine
ordinal indicators taking up the same size cell as everything else.

--
Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.indigo.ie/egt
Guthán: +353 1 478-2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478-2597 (by arrangement)