Re: Greek accentuation marks

From: Constantine Stathopoulos (cstath@irismedia.gr)
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 10:16:40 EDT

At 06:17 рм 16/10/1998 -0700, Michael Everson wrote:

>Won't the Greek user most likely just use a keyboard driver and not give a
>hoot where the character is encoded?

Yes, but will the glyph displayed be the correct one? Right now it is not, since Unicode is incompatible with Greek Grammar in that respect.

>You really should discuss this with Evangelos and the rest >of the ELOT character set committee.

I will be happy to do that as soon as I have gathered enough information on this and other Greek Unicode issues that are currently unclear to me.

Thanks once again for your invaluable help on these matters.

Best Regards,
Constantine.