Re: Greek accentuation marks

From: Mark Davis (marked@best.com)
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 11:35:49 EST

I should mention one other difficulty with the current Greek encoding. The way the ancient Greek characters are encoded, only a few of the possible title/uppercase characters are encoded for some characters, which means that case mappings can't be one-to-one, although I think that was ELOT's intent. I put up some diagrams on the following page:

http://www.macchiato.com/mark/Greek/GreekCasing.htm

Mark

--
business: medavis2@us.ibm.com, mark@unicode.org