Re: Glyphs of new Unicode 3.0 symbols

From: Frank da Cruz (fdc@watsun.cc.columbia.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 17:04:20 EST

Roman Czyborra <czyborra@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> These exist in http://czyborra.com/unifont/.
>
> > 237E BELL SYMBOL

If this is an approved addition, and it is indeed a picture of a
bell, it can be unified with the "Picture of Bell" character in the
"Additional Control Pictures for Unicode" proposal.

> I also would like to see a standardized APPLE.

I thought corporate logos were off limits. Note that Data General
terminals also include a DG-logo glyph. There are no doubt several
others. Well, come to think of it, the number of such logos would
be bounded by the number of corporations (and other organizations).
Looks, sounds, and smells like a can of worms to me!

- Frank