Re: Glyphs of new Unicode 3.0 symbols

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Tue Nov 24 1998 - 09:23:37 EST

Am 1998-11-23 um 14:18 h hat Frank da Cruz geschrieben:
> Or (my favorite) in German: Khruschtschew (from 6 letters in the original
> Cyrillic, in which "schtsch" is one letter :-)

In German, this name is usually transscribed as Chruschtschew, or
Chruschtschow (note the "Ch" rather than "Kh").

There is also a scientific, and bibliographic, transliteration in use,
where the Cyrillic Letter Shcha is rendered by two latin letters, viz.
Latin Letter S with Caron, followed by Latin Letter C with Caron.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz