RE: Swedish data in Oracle table

From: Samir.Mehrotra@mail.iflexsolutions.com
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 08:39:50 EDT

Hi Parvinder,
    I am giving you the solution to this query of yours with a view that you
are implementing this on Oracle, for any other rdbms, it will still hold
good.
    1) In Oracle you do not have to specify the datatype as "N"varchar
(while In SQL Server 7 you have to),
    2) You require an OS that supports the language you are using be it
Spanish, Japanese, Korean etc.,
    3) Once you have your OS in place, you load your Oracle using the
language and everything else remains the same i.e, the syntax and all.

Hope this would solve your problem, still if you have queries regarding this
you can contact me directly.

Thanks & Regards,
Samir Mehrotra,
**samirmehrotra@usa.net,
       Samir.Mehrotra@iflexsolutions.com (off.)
**091-022-8291020 / 091-022-8290170 extn. (2059)