Sick HTML

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 10:31:52 EDT

And Christopher John Fynn (cfynn@dircon.co.uk) replied:

And Andreas Prilop (nhtcapri@rrzn-user.uni-hannover.de) replied:
> No, it's sick. I suggest to carry that discussion to

Christopher and Andreas, everybody in this mailing list knows the best way
to encode Indic scripts (quite easy an answer: just look at the mailing
list's name:-)

But the way you quashed Sinnathurai's and Jim's links makes me think that
you know of viable Unicode solutions usable *now* -- April 20, 2000 -- and
with share this information with us.

Would you thus be so kind to provide:

- links to *free* fonts supporting Indic scripts (*really* supporting them,
not just the glyphs needed for making Unicode charts);

- links to *free* browsers supporting Indic scripts now (*really* supporting
them, no compromises please);

- links to *free or very cheap* software to automatically convert existing
HTML text from the currently used "font-base encoding" to Unicode;

- links to *free or very cheap* authoring tools to write HTML pages in Indic
scripts.

Thanks.
Marco