Question: Armenian encoding

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark@csupomona.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 21:17:02 EDT

A colleague wants to deliver a web page in Armenian both for local use and
for use in Armenia. I showed him how to develop a page using SGML codes (in
FrontPage), but AFAIK the only "freely" available Unicode font that
includes Armenian is Arial Unicode MS. His Armenian correspondents have
sent him an 8-bit font that displays the Armenian text they sent him
correctly. But a modest amount of searching on my part has uncovered
neither an ISO encoding nor a Windows codepage for Armenian. The next step
would be to get a copy of the font and decipher the encoding, but it's
easier to ask the experts.

(This is what I get for offering a workshop on "using Unicode". <sigh>)

Curtis Clark http://www.csupomona.edu/~jcclark/
Biological Sciences Department Voice: (909) 869-4062
California State Polytechnic University FAX: (909) 869-4078
Pomona CA 91768-4032 USA jcclark@csupomona.edu