Re: COPYLEFT SIGN

From: Robert Brady (robert@susu.org.uk)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 11:35:12 EDT

On Tue, 16 May 2000, G. Adam Stanislav wrote:

> Yes, so do I. For what it's worth, I have been creating free software for
> decades and find it quite irritating when a group of people pretends to be
> representing all free software developers and now tries to be sanctioned by
> the Unicode Consortium.

You know, I don't think that happened. I just recall someone proposing to
encode COPYLEFT SIGN. For what it's worth, I think the case to encode it
is rather dubious.

By the way, can you point me to some free software you wrote? I tried
looking at some programs on your website, but they all seem to be
source-available programs with restrictions on use and distributation that
make then non-free.

--
Robert