Re: Questions on Greek characters

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 10:37:39 EDT

    Michael> Ar 10:38 -0800 2000-05-17, scríobh Nick NICHOLAS:
>> I feel it only fair to warn people, btw, that the Antioch Unicode fonts
>> (www.users.dircon.co.uk/~hancock) are already placing a capital lunate
>> sigma (and capital yod!) in U+03f4 and U+03f5...

    Michael> They are not allowed to do this, and if it ends up costing them
    Michael> money because WG2 and UTC assign real character to those
    Michael> positions it serves them right.

    Michael> Indeed it is quite possible that the Q-FORM KOPPAs may be
    Michael> assigned there.

Everyone seems to forget that these *glyphs* in this font were assigned *glyph
codes* of U+03f4 and U+03f5, not character codes. It really doesn't matter
where the glyphs occur in the font, as long as the character->glyph mapping
works, no?
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab Not every problem someone has with his
New Mexico State University girlfriend is necessarily due to the
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL capitalist mode of production.
Las Cruces, NM 88003 -- Herbert Marcuse