Re: Eyelash Repha

From: Abdul Malik (meejan@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 10:21:49 EDT

In the unicode book, page 220, Rule 5, the diagram shows that for
conformance with the ISCII standard:

RRa + Virama -> EyelashRa

The question is, is this to be taken as an unconditional.
I mean, in an ISCII implementation, does RRa Virama -> EylashRa, when final
in a word?

If not then the diagram can not be taken as literally as I did.

As far as I can see it the rules for Ra and RRa are:

Ra Virama -> Ra_Virama (when final)
Ra Virama X -> RX_Virama
Ra Virama ZWNJ -> Ra_Virama X
Ra Virama ZWJ -> EyelashRa