Re: Questions on Greek characters

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 09:57:00 EDT

    John> At 06:34 AM 5/18/00 -0800, Mark Leisher wrote:
>> Everyone seems to forget that these *glyphs* in this font were assigned
    John> *glyph
>> codes* of U+03f4 and U+03f5, not character codes. It really doesn't
>> matter where the glyphs occur in the font, as long as the
>> character->glyph mapping works, no?

    John> Mark, I'm not sure what you mean by 'glyph codes'. Can you explain
    John> please?

Sorry, it was awkwardly phrased. These glyphs are positioned at G+03f4 and
G+03f5 (using Marco's new syntax :-) in the font. Whether these happen to be
physical positions in the font or map through a cmap to physical positions in
the font, adjustments can be done elsewhere in the font to make the
character->glyph mapping work correctly.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab Not every problem someone has with his
New Mexico State University girlfriend is necessarily due to the
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL capitalist mode of production.
Las Cruces, NM 88003 -- Herbert Marcuse