From: Erland Sommarskog (
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 11:56:09 EDT

Robert Brady <> writes:
> There is enough space in the 31bits to encode many signs for every pop
> group and political party ever.

But, to get things in perspective, not enough to encode a symbol for
each individual on this planet.

From what I have groked about Privat Use Area on this list, I'm surprised
that there is even is a discussion in this case. If the symbol for "The
Artist Formely Known as Prince" is a clear-cut case for the Private
Use Area, I fail to see why the logotype of a certain software association
is not.

Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm,